It’s the dead of winter here in New England and between icy roads and Nor’easters, the weather certainly can keep you cooped up for days. So there’s nothing better than rallying friends together and heading to the local pub and arcade bar in Fall River for much-needed comfort food. We’ve compiled a shortlist of our favorite winter comfort food dishes from our menu—are they your favorites, too?
Our Top Comfort Food Dishes
- Barrett’s Chili. Available in a massive bowl and piled high with Monterey Jack cheese and tortilla chips, this dish has the perfect amount of spice to warm you up on cold winter nights.
- Seafood & Bacon Alfredo. Nothing says ‘comfort’ like pasta and Alfredo sauce. Plus, adding bacon and fresh seafood to the dish is a go-to order. (Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is also available!)
- Twisted Mac ‘N’ Cheese. A list of winter comfort food dishes wouldn’t be complete without a true classic, macaroni and cheese. But this isn’t your ordinary mac—this is Barrett’s style, which is served with cavatappi pasta, a three-cheese blend, and Ritz cracker crumbs.
- Pulled Pork Sandwich. Our arcade bar and restaurant in Fall River is serving up some of the finest pulled pork on the South Coast. This delicious hot sandwich is made with fried jalapeños, so although the rest of your body may be shivering from the cold, your mouth will be feeling the heat.
- Buffalo Bleu Burger. Cozy up to this 10 oz., hand-pressed brisket and short rib burger topped with bacon, bleu cheese and, of course, Buffalo sauce. The slow heat from the Buffalo sauce will warm you from the inside out.
After you’ve grabbed a bite to eat, head on over to our arcade room and test your skills on some of our classic arcade games. Competing against your friends for the highest score is bound to get you fired up in no time. Stop in at Barrett’s Alehouse Fall River at 4171 North Main Street!